Highlights from the October 22nd Hoot:
- Thomas’ wife demands Hill apologize for confirmation charge
Details on Ginny Thomas’ bizarre phone call to Brandeis Professor Anita Hill, asking Hill to apologize for accusing Thomas’ husband, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, of sexually harassing Hill 19 years ago.
- Financial crisis forced university to take more loans
Brandeis has increased in debt by forty-two million dollars this year, in part due to the financial crisis.
- Horowitz blasts liberal nature of universities
A summary of a speaker on Israel, David Horowitz, hosted by the Brandeis Libertarian-Conservative Union. “He said the MSA is an arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamist political group, and that the group Students for Justice in Palestine was a “fraternal jihadist organization.”” WTF?
- Visiting teacher fears education is ‘losing its soul’
Professor Ellen Schrecker from Yeshiva University spoke about her fear of the effect of politics on American education and universities.
- Town hall discusses admissions changes
Details on the 10/21 Town Hall meeting held by Student Union and Administration to discuss the admissions policy.
- (and, just for fun) Bret Matthew’s and my opinion articles about cage free eggs.
For these articles and more, check out The Hoot website.