Check it out.
- Article on Reinharz leaving for Mandel Foundation (and why did the Hoot quote him bragging about getting 7 job offers? I bet there’s a story behind this)
- Our new (union) President looks good in white.
- Like, no one showed up for the open forum last Monday. Not sure who to blame, but it definitely wasn’t advertised well.
- The Hoot approves of Instant Runoff Voting. You’re welcome!
- Brandeis’ self-image hasn’t caught up to its budget problems
- A bunch of people organized and forced Aramark to not pay the people who pick their tomatoes quite to terribly. This is a good thing. Bret advises sending a letter to Aramark honchoes saying “good work!” This is probably a good idea.
One response to “The Hoot is good today.”
Agreed. The Hoot was good today.
Two things tho:
Regarding Tomatoes… while that totally is an improvement (and large by proportion), $16K is still fucking paltry.
You forgot to include the bank robbery!
So, two (currently former) Brandeis students and a friend go rob a bank. A sad part is that even though they would have made $300K (huge) had they been successful, that wouldn’t have been enough to pay for the total tuition of two students (if they each did 8 semesters and didn’t receive aid). Anyway… they join in the long tradition of bank robbers from Brandeis.